Odds are 10 to 1 your company is using a subpar sales presentation.
The statistic is not scientific, but if I had to guess, I’d say it’s probably more like 20 to 1. Most companies have very unimpressive sales presentations. That’s because of the misguided idea that salespeople should be able to create a killer sales presentation. The vast majority of them can’t. That sets them up for failure, right from the start.
The great news? If you are one of the few that has a sharp-looking presentation, you are bound to stand out.
See what you think. Which looks best?
Custom Presentation Average Presentation
Creating a killer sales presentation should not be rocket science. But it does take the right knowledge and resources.
Here are five tips to making your sales presentation rock:
1. Avoid using one of the standard PowerPoint templates—unless you want to look like you can’t afford a good sales presentation.
2. Make sure the written content is compelling yet concise. If you can effectively say something with 10 words versus 20, do so. Don’t duplicate the spoken presentation that goes with the deck—complement it.
3. Use graphics whenever possible to illustrate your message. Most messages can fit into charts and graphics, making them far more appealing to the viewer. Like children, adults are drawn to graphics that catch their eye.
4. Pay careful consideration to how the presentation will be displayed before you choose font sizes. If it’s going to be projected on a screen, you’ll need far larger fonts than if it’s going to be given as a printed deck.
5. Be original in the flow of your presentation, the design, and your content. Dull, boring and jargon-filled rarely wins anyone over.
Having a killer presentation can make or break your business. This is no place to skimp. Need help creating one? Email us at Info@StrategicVantage.com and prepare to see great marketing in action.
By Rosalie Berg, President, Strategic Vantage