6 Email Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
Before you press “send,” make sure you’re not making one of these big email marketing mistakes.
1. Using a boring subject line.
Studies find that 33% of email recipients open emails based on subject line alone. Create a subject line that makes people want to know more.
2. Cramming too much information in your email
People are busy. You’ll get more attention with information that’s easy to scan. Use bullets, lists and bite-sized chunks of information.
3. Sending an unprofessional-looking email. Most industry emails and newsletters are unprofessional looking and poorly written, and that can cause more damage than good. If your email was not designed by a professional artist and composed by a professional writer, think twice before you send it.
4. Using dull section headings
People tend to scan emails for headlines that capture their attention. Which headlines work best? Headlines with numerals, provocative words and/or promises to fix a problem can be big hits. For example: “6 Email Marketing Mistakes to Avoid”.
5. Sending impersonal newsletters.
Depending on your company’s size, consider having a newsletter come from you, with your signature line. People are far more apt to read something sent from a person they know. Make sure the content is written with a personal tone, as well.
6. Forgetting that opting out is forever.
Every time you send an email that is uninteresting, poorly designed, unprofessional, or not helpful to the recipient, you risk forever diminishing your distribution list with opt-out requests. Make every email your best one!
Want a second set of eyes on that newsletter or email campaign you’re working on? Or would you like an impactful one created for you? Look no further. We can help. Just email us at Info@StrategicVantage.com.
By Rosalie Berg, President, Strategic Vantage